Monday, September 7, 2009

Book Week 2009

I cannot believe how much time has passed since I've last blogged - the time seems to be flying by this year.  Since I last blogged, I have spent 10 days filling in as a librarian in Oakey, one of the libraries that helps make up the Toowoomba regional libraries.  This was the first time I was able to use my qualifications, and I loved every moment of it!  Working in a smaller library was a great experience, and I was able to learn heaps and put into practice much of what I had previously learnt at library school.

I returned to my own library and got back into the swing of being a library assistant again, and preparing for book week. The  CBCA theme this year was Book Safari, and our YP team created a jungle themed adventure using books, stories, songs and rhymes. I also made another animoto. The YP team entertained nearly 1400 kids from the local area, and a great time was had by all.


We are now in last minute preparations for the Sept/Oct school holiday programs, having chosen Superheroes as our theme.  Some of the staff have expressed interest in our Batgirl screen print Tshirts, and have decided to bring in their own to screen print! Will post pictures as they come to life :-))

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read.

2 comments:

  1. Is that you in the tiger costume? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Kath, yes that is me! Our local tv station ran a news story about book week and I was glad I had my lion's mask on for it also.

    ReplyDelete