Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Licence to Test Drive - Part B

The State Library of Queensland has released Part B of Licence to Test Drive, its online program that encourages library staff to actively participate in learning about new and emerging technologies and the impact that they can have on libraries.

Part B Week 1 is online applications and tools. Zoho writer and Google docs are two of the web based applications looked at this week.  As a member of ALIA's New Generation Advisory Committee, we use Google docs to share agendas and documents, allowing us to edit and collaborate from our various locations around Australia.  I like being able to have access to these shared documents, and being able to access them whenever and wherever I want.   I used Zoho writer a few years ago, and wasn't overly impressed, but went back and looked at the site again and played around.  It has a very 'Google' feel about it now, and seems much more user friendly.



 I love Slideshare!  I love being able to read and participate by commenting on others' presentations.  I have, over the years, followed many links to Slideshare presentations that have been shared. I have learnt heaps and felt I was able to be part of conference presentation, even if I was in a different country or city.

Am signing off quickly as there is an approaching dust storm coming my way. The first shot is from my back deck looking south west.  And the second photo was taken by @oldm8 and is of our Town Hall in Toowoomba just two hours after my photo was taken.





No comments:

Post a Comment