Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kia-ora

Don't you just love technology?  My father in law has a new lap top, and I've taken over for my tech fix!

The above photo is of the kids doing a lap around the ward with their Grandad Nigel.  He is trying to go for a walk once or twice a day.  The difference in his colour now compared to last week is amazing.  The chemo was put off until yesterday, and they administered 3 different kinds one after another over the whole day.  Very amazing to think that they use hideous drugs to kill off hideous diseases.  The chemo went very well(very emotional to watch though) and Nigel is feeling very well, no side effects as yet.

Today we took the kids for a walk around Auckaland City and went up the Skytower.  Beautiful views.  My favourite so far has been One Tree Hill.  I am definately showing my age when I say I am reminded of the U2 song of the same name!!  Unfortunately there is no tree there anymore as it was vandalised and had to be taken out!!  Can you believe that?

Well, had better go and do some uni readings so I can try and keep up.  It is much better doing all the readings without being on the forums to get stressed out by all the postings!!

Thanks for all the kind wishes of good health towards my father in law.  So far so good.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    So you got there ok? Been trying to text you but it hasn't worked. Say hi to Nigel and Carolyn for us and to the kids. karen

    ReplyDelete