Saturday, January 5, 2008

Week 6 completed!

This week has for me been a huge learning curve. I am still trying to come to grips with the huge amount of content I have been learning about, and trying to understand how it all fits in with what I am learning about in my degree.

Reading through different perspectives about Web 2.0, and Library 2.0 has opened my eyes to the inevitability of change, and how we deal with it. Reminds me once again of the concept of life long learning that librarians talk so much about. It is so important to apply this same concept to our own lives so that we can forever be open to hearing about, learning about and trying out new things. Who cares if they don't work? At least we can say we tried!!

I read a great new blog this week, definitely worth a read.

http://librariesinteract.info/2007/12/31/ten-library-20-resolutions-for-2008/

What I have loved about doing this online course so far is using what I am learning to manage all the information I am learning about! It was so amazing to be able to use my bloglines account to subscribe to the libraries interact blog, thus allowing me to view all their posts when posted! Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment