Saturday, January 12, 2008

Week 7 Wikis

I can't believe I finally know what a wiki is!! I have heard it used fairly often lately, and whilst I had some notion of what it was, I understand so much better now thanks to the 23 Things program. I can see many ways that they can be used in libraries, and I especially loved the book lovers wiki. This style of wiki could become a great addition to an online library page with patrons and staff alike adding information. I also loved the comments about the conference wiki that was set up for people travelling to the area, what a great way to find out info.

I enjoyed playing around in the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki. Although hesitant at first, I found it very user friendly and would feel confident using this technology myself in the future. Creating a wiki would also be a great way of doing a collaborative uni assignment (actually, to my way of thinking there is nothing good about collaborative uni assignments!!). But if you had to, creating the wiki and all adding the content would save much time in emailing, then waiting for the new updated version etc.

I am so enjoying this Learning 2.0 - 23 Things online learning project. It wasn't until I was playing around in the sandbox wiki that I realised just how many people have also worked their way through this program from all around the world. I wonder if Helene Blowser knew how big it would become when she created it for her staff?

On a personal note, kids are still alive with only 2 and 1/2 weeks to go until school starts again. I have found the threat of no electronic gadgets works wonders!!!

see you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment